A group of our member pilots have decided to get some formation practice and perform a V-E Day victory flyover to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Allied victory in Europe during the Second World War!
The planned schedule (subject to change) is:
- Rendezvous at KAWO transient ramp at 1000, fueled and ready to brief flight. Exercise appropriate virus safety precautions and conduct walk-through of entire flight profile.
- Take off at 1130, form up over the airport, and proceed south towards KPAE.
- South of KPAE, proceed to Elliott Bay and pass to the west of KBFI and to the east of KSEA.
- Continue south to Joint Base Lewis-McChord for flyover of the base.
- Continue south, break up the flight, and return to our respective home bases.
This is what CWB is all about – bringing together historic military aviation enthusiasts so their independent creativity can thrive. Thanks to our CO, Smokey, for the idea and to those pilots who chose to participate!
Find this and all other flight events on our airshow events calendar.