1967 Cessna O-2A – $130,000
U.S. AIR FORCE O-2A, s/n 67-21344
DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
AIR FORCE HISTORICAL RESEARCH AGENCY
MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, ALABAMA
Two completely overhauled IO-360 engines with factory new VAR crankshafts. Total time currently is 130 hours. Complete leather interior including four new articulating leather seats including new seat tracks, complete new black exterior paint scheme, fuel quantity gauge, rebuilt fuel tanks with new wooden mounting structure, new voltage regulators, fuel cap modification kit, new fuselage overhead spar, two new alternators, two new starters, two new magnetos, two crankcases overhauled, two new fuel systems, two new tac generators, two new vacuum pumps, two new vacuum regulators, two new ignition harnesses, two new brake caliper assemblies with new brakes and new brake discs, one new O-2 door assembly, three new tires, one new battery, one new vent control cable, ten new exhaust clamps, one new oil cooler, eight new motor mounts, complete Horton STOL kit with landing light and wing tip options, two new pylon assemblies, one complete set of technical manuals, complete set of new aircraft hoses, complete new custom window glass, complete strut seal kit, one new rudder assembly, two new regulator assemblies, all new primer lines, all new vacuum lines and system, one new fuel quantity sensor, all new or rebuilt instruments, new Century 2000 autopilot. Sound proofed cockpit. New Gemini 1200 graphic engine analyzer, and complete UPS avionics radio stack with GPS.
- Manufactured by Cessna Aircraft, Wichita KS and gained by the USAF on 28 Jul 1967.
- Aug 1967 To 504th Tactical Air Support Group (Pacific Air Forces), Da Nang AB Vietnam
- May 1968 To Ubon RTAFB Thailand
- Nov 1968 To Nakhon Phanom RTAFB Thailand
- Jun 1969 To Bien Hoa AB Vietnam
- Sep 1970 To Cam Ranh Bay AB Vietnam
- Feb 1971 To 111th Tactical Air Support Group (Air National Guard), Kellogg MAP MI (via San Antonio Air Logistics Area, Kelly AFB TX)
- Jan 1975 To 163rd Tactical Air Support Group (ANG), Ontario MAP CA
- Feb 1979 To 507th Tactical Air Control Wing (Tactical Air Command), Shaw AFB SC
- Apr 1980 Dropped from inventory by transfer to other agency, the FBI for border patrol.
- 6 patched bullet holes from Vietnam service
- Flew at night over the Ho Chi Minh trail with rockets and machine guns
- GPS/ COMM
- APOLLO GX 60
- MFD APOLLO MX 20
- NAV COM – SL30
- XPDR – APOLLO SL 70
- APOLLO SL 15
- CENTURY 2000 AUTO PILOT
RECEIPTS AVAILABLE OF OVER $250,000.00 SPENT ON REBUILDING.
6 PATCHED BULLETS HOLES FROM VIETNAM.
337AF FLEW FOR THE FBI FOR BORDER PATROL
AFTER MARKET ROCKET PODS – $12,000,00
7000 HOURS ON THE AIRFRAME
150 HOURS FROM COMPLETE RESTORATION
Champion Warbird winner – Arlington Airshow
Best preservation winner – Oregon Airshow
Contact Richard Kloppenburg