Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Meeting of the Membership
08 March 2008, Museum of Flight Restoration Center, Paine Field
The CO called the meeting to order at 1010 hours. There were approximately 48 members and guests in attendance.
The following occurred:
· Guests and new members were introduced.
· Items of a PR nature were mentioned: Margaret Berry newspaper article; Bill Holloman exhibit at new Seattle museum; B-17 visit and need for volunteers to help while it's here.
· Fred mentioned Reno Race box seat tickets are still available and that it is time to pay 2008 dues
· The 2008 schedule was reviewed, to include the Moses Lake fly-in on 27-29 June; Fairchild AFB Air Show on 8-10 August; CWB Day at BFI coincident with the B-17 visit 19-26 May; Paine Field GA Day on 17 May; and that there were still beds available at the Oshkosh house.
· Ed Rombauer's Safety Minute: Ed encouraged us all to review the POH when we get ready to fly another model aircraft instead of our regular mount.
· Our "Know Your Warbird" segment was presented by Mile Rutledge whose talk was on the history of and his assignment to the 160th SOAR. We'd review his presentation, but then we'd have to sh**t you. It was well received and several questions were asked.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1230 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth