Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Meeting of the Membership
10 March 2007, Museum of Flight, Seattle
The CO called the meeting to order at 1010 hours. There were approximately 36 members and guests in attendance.
New members and guests were introduced and welcomed.
Aviation High School, Seattle, representatives were present to explain the concept of the school, acceptance of student applications, and the unique curriculum. Reba Gilman, Principal, and Sebastian Hill and Natalie Nason, students, were the speakers. The Squadron envisions establishing a mutually beneficial relationship with the school.
The following announcements were made:
· These members were mentioned in the trade media: Gary Allan, Roger Kelsay, Dave Holt, Carter Teeters
· EAA's Aluminum Overcast will be here 21-28 May; Warren Nadeau still needs many volunteers.
· Cascade Warbird Day at MoF will be held Saturday, 26 May
· Fly-by training is scheduled for Saturday, 17 March, 11:00 AM, at the Heritage Flight Museum, BLI
· We have a tour scheduled at the MoF's Restoration Facility, Paine Field, on Saturday, 24 March.
· General Aviation Appreciation Day is 19 May at Paine Field. Lunch and a fuel discount will be available. We are also attempting to put together a fly-over at Ft Lewis for their Armed Forces Day celebration.
· Annual dues are now due and there are still seats available in our Reserved Boxes at Reno
· Deadline for submissions for the April, 2007, newsletter is 16 March to email@example.com
· The highlights of the 2007 schedule were reviewed
· Curt reviewed the itinerary of this year's PSAAC Antique Air Tour
· The AWO Fly-In status will be discussed at the board meeting following
· There's still room in the squadron house at OSH - $250 for the week; see Dave
Ed Rombauer's Safety Minute addressed the problem of how moisture gets in our fuel and the problems it can cause when there. We all promised not to become victims.
Dave mentioned the aviation "user fee" issue before Congress and encouraged us to contact our lawmakers. More info can be found at www.aopa.org
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 12:10.
For the Squadron