Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Meeting of the Membership
13 January 2007, Museum of Flight, Seattle
The CO called the meeting to order at 1010 hours. There were approximately 33 members and guests in attendance.
· New members and guests were introduced.
· Dave handed out the EAA Service Awards to the 2006 Squadron Officers
· Dave reminded the attendees that member Richard Kloppenburg would be awarded the DFC at ceremonies to be held at 1400 hours in the Allen Theater downstairs.
· The following announcements were made:
· The new passport requirement goes into effect this month.
· The Museum's Da Vinci exhibit is being extended
· The Puyallup Aviation Expo is scheduled for 24 & 25 February
· The Christmas Dinner Banquet was a success with 74 attendees
· Annual dues for 2007 are now due; mail $20 to 1066 Yates Road, Oak Harbor, WA 98277
· There are still seats available in the Squadron's reserved boxes for the Reno Air Races; contact Fred at email@example.com
· Anyone not receiving the quarterly newsletter should update their mailing address
· The EAA B-17 will be in Seattle 23 - 28 May. It is our biggest fundraiser of the year and Warren Nadeau, our Tour Stop Coordinator, can use your volunteer help with myriad tasks. Contact Warren at 360.697.2583 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you're willing to help.
· Squadron lodging is available for the week at Oshkosh; contact Dave at email@example.com
· Members Bill Holloman and Dan Barry will be participating in Museum events scheduled next month. See the Museum's ALOFT magazine for details.
· Greg Anders, in the "Know Your Warbirds" segment, presented the P-51. The talk was well received and the many questions afterwards confirmed the members' interest in this very exciting airplane.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:15 and members broke for lunch.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth