Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Membership
11 November 2006, Museum of Flight, Seattle
The CO called the meeting to order at 1020 hours. There were 35 members and guests in attendance.
· New members, guests, and noted Vets were introduced.
· Jack Allen made a presentation of a photograph with poem to Ron McIlnay.
· Dave reported that the 2007 B-17 Tour Stop will occur 21- 28 May, 2007, and that Warren Nadeau will be the coordinator. A round of applause was heard for Doug Owens' fine efforts in years past.
· Various announcements of a miscellaneous nature were mentioned.
· Fred mentioned 2007 dues were now being accepted, that 2007 Reno box seat deposits were being taken, and repeated the details of the Christmas Dinner Party.
· Dave gave a status report of the AWO situation. Rick Fernalld and Crash Williams are to meet with NWEAA officials on 17 November 2006.
· Rebecca mentioned that she would meet with Aviation High School officials on 17 November. The purpose is to determine how CWB can promote or complement the aims of the AHS.
· Discussion ensued regarding the possibility of having a "Spring Dinner Event" and whether such might be tied to a fly-by training day that may be scheduled. No action was taken.
· Dan Barry's resignation as Ops O was made public. A round of applause was heard for his year of service.
· The Nominating Committee reported their nominee for Ops O. Dave Bauer accepted the nomination. Motion and second that Dave Bauer be elected Ops O. Motion passed unanimously.
· A short review of the possible 2007 event schedule was conducted.
· Curt Kinchen, in the "Know Your Warbirds" segment, presented the PT 19/26.
· At the request of the CO, several members reminisced about their favorite squadron moments.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 12:05 and members broke for lunch.
For the Squadron