Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors
1 November 2008, Museum of Flight, Boeing Field
The CO called the meeting to order at 1255 hours.
Present: Anders, Almstead, Desmon, Williams, Teeters, Nadeau, Jackson, High, Rombauer, Smyth
Absent: Sherman, Owens, Kinchen, Caruso
Position Vacant: Ops O
The following occurred:
· The 11 October 2008 board meeting minutes were reviewed; no corrections were offered.
· The Nominating Committee (Executive board members) reported back IRT their nomination for Ops O (and resulting vacancies).
o M/S to appoint Curt Kinchen as the Ops O. That motion did not pass on a 5 – 5 tie vote.
o M/S to appoint Ken Morley as the Ops O. That motion did not pass on a 5 – 5 tie vote.
o M/S to table this topic until the January board meeting. Tabled.
· Squadron Goals IRT the B-17 visit: Greg reported that it would be very difficult to establish objective goals. Our subjective “Do the best we can” has been very successful, in light of unknown weather, unknown mechanical problems, unknown economic situation, etc. Doug Owens will be in touch with EAA, however, to discuss advertising IRT their tour stop.
· Scholarship Program: Pete reported that the Scholarship Committee is making slow progress towards developing a completely new program. In the event that a completed program cannot be presented to the board in time for 2009 awards, the committee will present an interim plan to the board at the January budget discussion, with these highlights
o Award totals in 2009 of $3,000
o Four awards, two each to AHS and CAP, of $500 each
o Transportation allowances of up to $250 per recipient
o One award will be in the name of Dave Bauer
· 2009 Budget: Questions, answers, and comments IRT 2008 year-to-date results. Budget will be finalized in January.
· 2009 Schedule: Greg mentioned a discussion with MOMS IRT the possibility of “partnering” for fly-ins. Dave mentioned that NWCAS will be in Seattle this February. And Pete, bless his soul, presented a budget proposal for attending the Arlington Fly-In, should the squadron decide to do so.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1450 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth