09 Jan 2010, Museum of Flight, Seattle, WA
The meeting was called to order by the CO at 10:05 AM; there were 42 members in attendance.
· New members were welcomed, vets were identified and thanked
· Greg handed out the annual EAA Service Awards
· Fred reminded all it was time to pay 2010 dues and mentioned we have only a few seats left in our reserved boxes at Reno
· Ed’s Safety Minute was a reminder to Fly The Airplane, regardless of what’s going on in the cockpit.
· Greg’s Know Your Warbird segment was on the P-47, which he’s qual’d to fly, and how it compares to the P-51, which he’s qual’d to fly. We all enjoyed the presentation and the film shown after.
· Pete gave a presentation on the history of the squadron’s scholarship program and how the program is being expanded to include more selectees and more educational opportunities. He also had a short essay from one of last year’s winners who attended AirVenture.
Annual Meeting Phase
· Frank presented a briefing detailing how the Nominating Committee worked through their responsibilities. He presented their slate, to wit:
Frank Almstead Greg Anders Tony Caruso
John Clark Dave Desmon Pete Jackson
Curt Kinchen Ron Morrell Warren Nadeau
Doug Owens Ed Rombauer Betty Sherman
Fred C. Smyth Carter Teeters Crash Williams
Motion and second to elect this slate; overwhelmingly approved.
Motion and second to elect CO Anders, XO Desmon, Ops O Kinchen, FO/Adj
Smyth, and At-Large Almstead; overwhelmingly approved.
Annual Meeting Phase complete
· Open floor comments and questions:
o Are paper newsletters necessary? Yes.
o Can members opt out of mail delivery? Maybe.
o Are FBOs getting copies? Ten were, very expensive, no response from anyone, we’ll revisit the idea (especially Wings Aloft).
o Squadron calendars are available, thanks to the efforts of Lyle Jansma, John Clark, Al Sauer, and Jack Allen.
o Paul mentioned his conversation with Warbird #1 Walt Ohlrich IRT the importance of engaging members.
· Greg reviewed the Squadron Purposes section of our bylaws.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at about 11:45 for lunch.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth