Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Meeting of the Membership
14 October 2006, Museum of Flight, Seattle
The CO called the meeting to order at 1022 hours. There were 21 members and guests in attendance.
· New members and guests were introduced.
· A short report was made regarding the May, 2006, B-17 visit.
· The annual Christmas dinner party details were disseminated.
· A listing of local warbirds for sale was presented.
· Reno 2007 details were shared. Betty Sherman will again be coordinating the hotel rooms.
· Greg Anders reported on the Redding Airshow attended by a few of our members and recommended it for our future consideration.
· Greg also suggested we may want to develop a "Hit and Run" kit that would be available for members to take with them to more "minor" events. He wondered if it wouldn't be advantageous to call any event attended by a CWB member a "CWB Event." Dave explained our three-tier method of scheduling summer flying events.
· Tony Caruso reported on the possibility of establishing a relationship with the Aviation High School with an eye toward getting the students involved with the squadron. He and Rebecca Desmon will work on that possibility.
· The suggestion was made that maybe those attending the Christmas dinner party would enjoy visiting the Flying Heritage Collection that afternoon. More details will be available at the November meeting.
· Dave spoke about the recent GA airplane accident in NYC and the resulting furor promulgated by many politicians. He displayed the letter written by AOPA President Phil Boyer and urged us all to take the offensive against grandstanding politicos by writing our own letters and even contributing to responsible PACs.
· Our "Know Your Warbird" segment was cancelled due to the presenter, Curt Kinchen, being unavailable.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:55 and members broke for lunch.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth