Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Meeting of the Membership
13 October 2007, Museum of Flight, Seattle
The CO called the meeting to order at 1015 hours. There were approximately 26 members and guests in attendance.
The following announcements were made:
· There will be a Board meeting following lunch
· There is a WASP panel scheduled downstairs from 1400 to 1530 hours
· EAA was thrilled with our B-17 tour stop this year and will return in 2008, 19 - 26 May
· Avian Aeronautical at PWT is offering a fuel discount to members; sign up at their office
· NWCAS is 8 - 10 Feb; NWOC is 21 - 24 Feb in Palm Springs
· Oshkosh is 28 Jul - 3 Aug; if you want to stay in the squadron house, contact Dave
· Colin Powers won WWII Reserve Grand Champion and Gold Wrench awards for his L-4 at Oshkosh 2007; he accepted the awards while wearing his CWB regalia
Sebastian Hill, winner of CWB's Aviation Camp 2007 scholarship award, reported on his attendance at Oshkosh and presented a slide slow. He was very appreciative of the opportunity.
Dave reported the Nominating Committee's slate of candidates for November's election. The names will be published in the October, 2007, newsletter.
Fred mentioned the need to start paying 2008 dues, the availability of squadron shirts, the status of our Reno reserved box seats, and the particulars of the Annual Christmas Dinner Party. It will be held on 1 December at Arlington's Hawthorn Inn; cocktails at 1730 hours, dinner at 1900 hours. Tickets are to be prepaid at $36 per person; mail checks to the squadron. Obtain preferential room rates by calling the hotel - $79 if you mention Cascade Warbirds.
Betty gave a report IRT to NWEAA 2007 and paid thanks to many of the volunteers.
Dave mentioned the aviation "user fee" issue still before Congress and encouraged us to contact our lawmakers. More info can be found at www.aopa.org
Our "Know Your Warbird" feature consisted of a WWII U S Navy pilot recruiting video.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:45 hours.
For the Squadron