Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
11 October 2008, Museum of Flight, Boeing Field
The CO called the meeting to order at 1300 hours.
Present: Anders, Almstead, Desmon, Kinchen, Sherman, Williams, Teeters, Nadeau, Jackson, High, Rombauer, Owens, Smyth
Position Vacant: Ops O
The following occurred:
· Discussion IRT filling the vacant Ops O position. Inasmuch as there is no hurry to do so, the CO will Chair a search committee made up of the Executive Board and propose a nominee to the full board, with the goal of doing so by the November meeting.
· Discussion IRT amending Article 2 of our bylaws. M/S to recommend to the membership at the Annual Meeting changes per Greg’s recent email regarding such, to include further smoothing by Greg. Motion passed.
· Crash mentioned the upcoming Veterans’ Day and his desire to arrange some activity with high school students to educate them IRT veterans and their contributions. Crash will undertake a pilot project with Sam Bauer and Newport Senior High School to that end.
· Doug agreed to Chair the EAA B-17 Tour Stop in 2009; Frank and Warren will assist.
· Pete gave a report from the Scholarship Committee. The committee requests that the subordinate Officer position of Scholarship Fundraising Officer be created and that Shirl Nadeau be appointed to that office. M/S to do so; motion passed. The committee further requested that all donations received for the scholarship program be reserved for that purpose. M/S to do so; motion passed.
· Discussion followed IRT adding a Dave Bauer Memorial Scholarship Award to the CWB Scholarship Program. The Scholarship Committee will take this for action.
· Discussion ensued IRT changing the date of the two annual meetings from November to January. M/S to recommend to the membership at the Annual Meeting that the bylaws be amended to do so (the Executive Board will search through the bylaws to make certain applicable Articles and Sections are enumerated). Motion passed.
· Arlington Fly-In: Several board members expressed concern that annual wrangling IRT whether the squadron attends is dichotomizing the membership. No formal action was taken; further discussion will follow.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1520 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth