Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Meeting of the Membership
11 October 2008, Museum of Flight, Boeing Field
The CO called the meeting to order at 1015 hours. There were approximately 33 members and guests in attendance.
The following occurred:
· Guests and new members were introduced.
· The squadron observed a moment silence in honor of Dave Bauer, Ops O, who recently passed away. Mention was made that services will be held Tuesday, 14 October at Tahoma National Cemetery and at the Museum of Flight. His son Sam Bauer was introduced; he gave thanks to the squadron for their kindnesses shown his father.
· M/S to make the Bauer family Honorary members. Motion passed.
· M/S to direct the Scholarship Committee to add a Dave Bauer Scholarship Award to the CWB Scholarship Program. Motion passed. The CO requested of the committee that should any of the Bauer boys apply for a scholarship, that they be given the greatest possible consideration when an award is made.
· The CO mentioned the importance of the Annual Meeting, this year to be held on 1 November, as proposed bylaw amendments will be offered for consideration.
· Fred mentioned that the Annual Christmas Dinner Party will be held 6 December at the Hawthorn in Smokey Point. Details will follow via email.
· The CO read thank-you letters from last year’s scholarship winners Taylor Barrett and Garrett LeFebre.
· Ed Rombauer's Safety Minute: Ed reminded us of the upcoming cold season and reminded us to watch for condensation in the fuel tanks and the danger of flying into situations that would lead to ice accumulation.
· Our "Know Your Warbird" segment was presented by Jake Schultz, who entertained us with the story of Molt Taylor and the development of the AeroCar.
· Crash gave a brief report on his work helping to acquire warbirds for Steve Searle of Australia.
· Misc. Comments: Fred – squadron sweatshirts are now available. Dave – Visit Delta Airpark for their Pancake Feed; be on the lookout for a new NPRM that TSA wants for all a/c above 12,500# MGTOW. Ken – the new 406 MHz ELTs will be required next year for cross-border flying. Stu: Expanded on the details IRT Dave Bauer’s services.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1145 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth