The CO called the meeting to order at 10:10 AM. There were 50 members and guests in attendance. The following occurred:
* Guests and new members were introduced.
* Veterans were recognized.
* Ron reported on the upcoming events through June: PAE GA Day – 17 May; HFM Grand Opening – 26 Apr, FAFB air show 31 May, and Olympia air show 14 June. There will be a Hangar Party at Ron’s after GA Day.
* Dave then went through the balance of the summer schedule
* Ron mentioned the favorable recognition we received at NWCAS.
* Fred hit up the assembly for 2014 dues and mentioned there were box seats still available for the Reno races.
* Bob Hill said he’s trying to put together a Memorial Day flyover and will generate an email blitz. Also mentioned was a possible formation clinic and HFF’s hosting of the 72nd anniversary of the Doolittle Raid.
* John Clark presented our Know-Your-Warbird segment; this on the designing and early development of the Mustang, as well as its early production run and initial assignments. John promised “Phase 2” of his presentation at a later date.
* Crash followed with some first-hand experiences as a P-51 cadet, as well as an owner of a P-51.
* Dave reminded owners to check their aircraft registration expiration dates.
* Ron spoke of our success as a safely operating organization and reminded all to be sure they were mentally prepared to go flying as well as having their aircraft ready to go flying.
* Bud spoke briefly about the 2013 accidents, mentioning that some 50% were related to engine malfunction.
* Winners of our door prize drawing were Brad Pilgrim and Carl Lindberg. They each won a Model Power P-51 model.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 12:20 PM.
For the Squadron,
Fred C Smyth