Minutes of the Meeting of the Membership – 13 Feb 2010, Museum of Flight, Seattle, WA
The meeting was called to order by the CO at 10:10 AM; there were 43 members and guests in attendance.
· New members were welcomed, vets were identified and thanked
· Greg mentioned the recent passing of Tuskegee Airman Lee Archer
· Greg reported that CWB was not invited to sign an MoU to attend AWO 2010
· Greg reminded us about the TFR around the Olympic Games area
· Greg and Dave discussed the HB 3176 aircraft excise tax legislation and encouraged members to contact their legislators
· Fred reminded all it was time to pay 2010 dues and mentioned we have only a few seats left in our reserved boxes at Reno
· Greg and Crash talked about the value of EAA membership
· Ed’s Safety Minute was a reminder to know the systems in your airplane and what might happen, for instance, if flaps were retracted at too high of a taxi speed.
· Neil Morrison’s Know Your Warbird segment was on the B-17; he regaled us for 45 minutes. Warren Nadeau then gave a brief overview of the EAA B-17 Tour and its stop here this May. Following was special guest Hank Hendrickson, a WWII B-17 pilot, who enthralled us by recounting his 23rd mission.
· Northwest Aviation Conference will be 20 & 21 February in Puyallup
· NWOC will be 18 – 21 February in San Diego
· NWCAS will be 5 – 7 March in Seattle
· Our March member meeting will occur at the Museum’s Restoration Center at Paine Field.
· Our April member meeting is tentatively scheduled for Historic Flight Foundation’s hangar at Paine Field.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at about 11:55 for lunch. However, most members hung around for another 20+ minutes for a Q-and-A session with Mr. Hendrickson.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth