Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
07 February 2009, Museum of Flight, Boeing Field
The CO called the meeting to order at 1315 hours.
Present: Anders, Almstead, Desmon, Owens, Teeters, Jackson, High, Rombauer, Smyth
Absent: Sherman, Kinchen, Williams, Nadeau, Caruso
Position Vacant: Class II Director
The following occurred:
· The minutes of the January 10, 2009, Annual Meeting were approved as read.
· The Nominating Committee recommended that Ron Morrell fill the Class II Director vacancy. Motion and second to seat Ron; motion passed. Ron was present and joined the meeting. He gave a short bio of himself, the most important point of which is that he is a warbird owner.
· Greg mentioned that our overall goal for this year is to promote increased camaraderie among our members. He said that he’ll start an email discussion among board members of the individual goals to accomplish this.
· Our airshow and fly-in activities through June were reviewed (same list as mentioned at the member meeting).
· Bob Hill, Social Director, gave a report on his search for a Christmas Dinner Banquet venue. He will pare his list and continue his efforts.
· The Medallion Hotel (nee Hawthorn Inn) has been reserved for this event, though no contract has yet been signed nor money paid. It was the consensus of the board that the Executive Board, with email advice from the entire board, shall have the authority to decide whether to contract with the Medallion or a venue Bob selects.
· The squadron’s attendance at AWO 2009 was discussed. Greg stated he has a meeting scheduled with AWO Fly-In Executive Director Barbara Tolbert on February10, thus there wasn’t much substantive that he could relate today. Motion and second to table this topic until the next board meeting.
· In order to make certain that today’s meeting is not the last board meeting before the flying season, motion and second to hold a special board NLT the end of March, 2009. Motion passed.
· The Nominating Committee recommended that the board get a head start on the process of recruiting and vetting potential candidates for the board of directors election in January, 2010. To that end, they suggested that Frank Almstead be appointed Chairman of that committee, that he select two additional committee members from the remaining board, and that those three then select two committee members from the general membership. It was the consensus of the board that this was a sound plan.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1440 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth