Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors
10 January 2009, Museum of Flight, Boeing Field
The CO called the meeting to order somewhere in the vicinity of approximately 12:35:42 hours or thereabouts.
Present: Anders, Almstead, Desmon, Owens, Caruso, Williams, Teeters, Nadeau, Jackson, High, Rombauer, Smyth
Absent: Sherman, Kinchen
Position Vacant: Ops O
The following occurred:
· The 1November 2008 board meeting minutes were accepted as presented
· Motion/second to re-designate our Honorary members IAW our bylaws. Motion passed
· Bob Hill presented a list of 15 suggestions he had recently sent to the CO. The CO will forward the list to the other board members for their study and potential input. As several of Bob’s suggestions were of a “gathering together of individuals” nature, motion/second to create the subsidiary Officer position of Social Director and fill that position with Bob Hill for the first year. The motion passed and Bob accepted the challenge.
· Tabled to this meeting from the November meeting was the issue of filling the vacant OPS O position. The Nominating Committee reviewed their recommendations, to wit: Curt Kinchen to OPS O; Dave Desmon to XO; and Frank Almstead to At-Large. Motion/second to accept the committee’s recommendations. Motion passed.
· As Frank Almstead was a Class II Director, there is now a vacancy there. It was the consensus of the board that the Executive Board should continue as Nominating Committee and recommend a replacement for that vacancy.
· Fred presented the 2008 Financial Statements and answered questions. Motion/second to accept the financials into the record. Motion passed.
· Fred presented the 2009 Budget. Discussion ensued. Motion/second to adopt the 2009 Budget as modified by consensus. Motion passed.
· The squadron’s attendance at AWO 2009 was discussed at some length. Pro and cons were mentioned, as well as prior years’ problems. Also of interest were items on Pete’s spending list. Motion/second that the AWO line item on the CWB 2009 budget is subject to further approval by the board. Motion passed.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1545 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth