Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Membership
10 January 2009, Museum of Flight, Boeing Field
The CO called the meeting to order at 1010 hours. There were approximately 32 members and guests in attendance.
The following occurred:
· We had no guests or new members who wished to be introduced.
· A moment of silence was observed for Honorary Member Ed Allen, B-24 pilot who recently passed away.
· EAA-WBA Service Awards were presented to several officers
· Minutes of the 1 November 2008 Annual Meeting were accepted as presented.
· The CO reminded all that the emphasis of this year’s activities, especially in light of the recent adoption of the squadron’s Mission Statement, will be on “Camaraderie.”
· Ron McIlnay, from the floor, recommended more formal and extensive training for our marshallers and suggested commonality of uniforms be established, to include differentiating trainees from trained. The Board will take for action.
· The TSA NPRM for LASP was again discussed. Members are encouraged to contact their legislators to stand against this foolishness.
· Bob Hill presented the “Know Your Warbird” segment, but with a twist: What it’s like to own a Chipmunk when considering operating costs, specifically those associated with an annual inspection.
· Bud gave a pitch for NWCAS to be held in Seattle the second weekend in February.
· Greg made mention that Heritage Flight Museum will reopen 17 January 2009.
· Ed’s Safety Minute: Every airplane has room for some type of survival kit, whether commercially acquired or home-built. Discussion also included the new 406 MHz ELT and the availability of the SPOT radios.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1135 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth