Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors
10 November 2007, Museum of Flight, Seattle
The meeting was called to order at 1250 hours by PXCO Desmon.
Directors in attendance: Desmon, Williams, Rombauer, High, Jackson, Caruso, Sherman, Almstead, Teeters, Anders, Owens, Nadeau, Smyth
Directors absent: Kinchen, Bauer
The following transpired:
· PXCO and PCO wish to effectuate the Change of Command at the January member meeting; the Board concurred with this request.
· Discussion ensued re: survey of board members IRT reviewing Article Two (Purposes) of our bylaws. Bill High is coordinating the survey.
· Scholarship Committee - Nothing to report
· NWEAA Fly-In 2008 - Nothing new from them IRT our request that they pay appearance money for new "heavy iron." They have asked for a list from us of whom we can attract and what the cost would be. Pete and Betty will continue to advance our message.
· Members-Only page on our web site - Consensus is that it's not important
· Non-Profit Bulk Mail Permit - A recent change in the USPS regulations allows advertising in our newsletter. Frank, Ed, and Fred will develop a rate sheet to present to potential advertisers.
· Fred presented the proposed 2008 budget. Members were asked to suggest changes via email. The proposed budget will be discussed in January and approved at that time.
· Crash and Tony both mentioned the importance of establishing some type of partnership with veterans organizations as a way to honor those who served. They suggested this may be an appropriate "Purpose" to be added to our bylaws.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1430 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth