Cascade Warbirds Squadron #2
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Membership
10 November 2007, Museum of Flight, Seattle
The CO called the meeting to order at 1010 hours. There were approximately 34 members and guests in attendance.
The following occurred:
· New members were introduced
· The Museum's Veterans Day activities were touted
· Mention was made that John Misterly was doing well after a recent kidney transplant
· Donations of wreaths for Mt Tahoma Cemetery are being sought; see Dave
· Fred pitched all on: (1) Christmas Dinner Party, (2) 2008 Reno Air Races, (3) Squadron regalia, and (4) 2008 annual dues
· Dave mentioned a member benefit being offered by new members Pat and Gin Heseltine of Avian Aeronautical at PWT: a fuel discount of $0.10 per gallon. Register at their office.
· Our "Know Your Warbird" feature was presented by Walt Spangenberg, USN-CAPT (Ret), who flew Corsairs in Korea and Phantoms in Viet Nam. He spoke on the development and introduction to the fleet of the F4U Corsair. His talk was well received and many questions followed.
· Election of the Board: The Nominating Committee presented the following slate:
CO Greg Anders Members Frank Almstead Doug Owens
XO Curt Kinchen Tony Caruso Ed Rombauer
Ops O Dave Bauer Bill High Betty Sherman
FO/Adj Fred C. Smyth Pete Jackson Carter Teeters
At-Large Dave Desmon Warren Nadeau Crash Williams
There being no nominations from the floor, the nominations were closed. Motion made and seconded to elect the slate as presented. Passed overwhelmingly.
· Member Jake Schultz presented a Warbird Identification Quiz. It was great fun and no one scored 100%.
· Ed Rombauer's "Safety Minute" highlighted the importance of knowing where the freezing level is, especially in the "ice machine" that is winter flying in the Northwest, and the value of double-checking that the pitot heat is working.
· Door prizes were donated by Tony Caruso and Jack Allen. They were won by the two youngest attendees.
· Miscellaneous applicable comments were made by Crash Williams, Ron McIlnay, Tony Caruso, and Bill Holloman.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:45 hours.
For the Squadron
Fred C. Smyth