Cascade Warbirds, Minutes of the Meeting    11 Feb 2017, Museum of Flight, Seattle

The CO called the meeting back to order at 2:00 PM. Present were Clark, K Johnson, Mehrer, Edwards, J Johnson, Desmon, Morrell, Youman, Jackson, Smyth. Absent was Engbrecht.

1 – We assigned POCs for the various season flying events. Fred will email the membership to ask about other events and assign those responding as POCs.

2 – Fred reported of the issue of increasing prices for our annual dinner party, both food and ballroom rentals. We will consider a shift of attitude whereby the squadron may supplement the room rental price. Fred to check various other venues and we’ll choose in March.

3 – Fred reported that the cost of welcoming a new member (patch, name tag, decal, postage) had increased from under $9 to over $12. We will absorb that increase with no increase in first-year dues.

4 – Fred reported that we are losing the free storage for our 21-year-old PX van. He suggested disposing of it, either to a squadron member, donating it, or paying to have it hauled off. So moved and approved.

5 – Dave suggested a squadron donation to the National WASP Museum in the amount of $500 in honor of WASP Margaret E Neyman, Class 44-W7. Vote 9 – 0 to approve; Fred abstained.

6 – We confirmed our $1,000 donation to the Museum of Flight; we will present it at the March meeting. Kent M reported that the Museum has no established policy of providing display cases. He will inquire whether we can install one in a public area if we provide it.

7 – We confirmed our plan to sponsor NWCAS for $300; Ron will send the invoice to Fred.

8 – Smokey reported on the Formation Clinic details. Victor will scour Bremerton for hotel discounts.

9 – We talked about the B-17 issues vis a vis King County and agreed we had a maximum of two weeks to achieve a favorable resolution. If unable, we will suggest EAA use either BVS or OLY.

10 – Fred presented the 2016 financial statement; it was accepted into the record.

11 – Fred proposed the 2017 budget; it was approved subject to a possible supplemental request being added in March for dinner party venue rental increase. Copy attached.

12 – The committee reports had been covered variously throughout the meeting, nothing further.

The meeting was adjourned at approximately 3:40 PM.

For the Squadron

Fred C Smyth