Minutes of the 08 Feb 14Meeting of the Board of Directors, Museum of flight, Seattle 

The meeting was called to order at 1:45 PM

Present: Clark, Desmon, Edwards, Jackson, Morrell, Owens, Smyth, Williams, Youman

Absent: Almstead, Hill, Kinchen, Weisner

1. C.O. Ron had no opening comments.

2. The reading of the minutes of the previous meeting was dispensed with

3. We spent an inordinate amount of time discussing the likelihood of whether or where the CAF B-29 and Collings group aircraft may operate this season.

4. Fred asked whether our B-17 ride winners could take their rides on the next B-17 to come to town or if they would be made to wait until EAA next arrives. It was the consensus to ask their preferences, but to do so at a later date, time not yet being critical.

5. The 2013 financials were accepted into the record.

6. The 2014 budget was discussed at length. Ultimately we went with the revised proposed, but also eliminated the $850 for B-17 rides awarded in December, 2014, for a total proposed budget shortfall of ($6,430). We did, however, acknowledge that we could review this action in March if it became necessary.

7. Ron described the current plan of action for the PAE GA Day on 17 May.

8. We discussed the balance of the Spring schedule, to include HFM's GO on 26 April, Memorial Day flybys on 26 May, potential dates for a CWB Day at MoF, a suitable date for the Bud Granley Roast, etc.

9. Ron will be attending NWCAS; John is putting together a promotional video.

10. Vacancies: (1) Ron will check with Ed IRT Safety Officer, (2) Ron stated he felt there was really no reason for a separate Social Director any longer, (3) Mike Weisner was tasked to be the HFF liaison, and (4) Kerry Edwards will assume the PR position.

11. Ron reminded all of the need for backup personnel for all action positions and written descriptive manuals to go with.

12. There were no committee reports.

13. Pete will create a cover letter to EAA to accompany copies of the scholarship "Thank You" letters we received, the thought being that EAA should be made aware of our impact in the community.

14. John Clark and Crash will handle the March program; the topic is the P-51.

15. Dave will ask Tom Cathcart if we can come to the Restoration Center in April.

16. Fred reported that the Medallion Hotel had increased our net banquet cost by $465 for this December. He feels there is no negotiating room remaining, but will have further to report in March.

17. Fred reported that RARA has not yet confirmed that they have sufficient funds to pay the 2014 race insurance premium and, thus, he is hesitant to send our $7,400 without some assurance of its return should the races be cancelled.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 3:15 PM.

For the Squadron

Fred C Smyth