The meeting was called to order at 12:00 noon
Present: Almstead, Clark, Desmon, Edwards, Hill, Jackson, Kinchen, Morrell, Owens, Smyth, Weisner, Williams, Youman
1. Ron welcomed our new board members Kerry, Curt, and Mike.
2. Ron thanked our retiring members for their service.
3. The board accepted Crash's generous $1,000 donation to our scholarship fund. The board had earlier approved adding this to 2014's budget, bringing it to $6,000.
4. Fred had earlier submitted the proposed 2014 budget by email. Several questions were asked and answered, but action was postponed until February. It was the consensus of the board that the annual EAA chapter renewal fee (due 15 Jan) could be paid without formal budget approval.
5. Ron briefly previewed the 2014 schedule, to include NWCAS, Fairchild, B-17 tour stop, PAE GA Day, and VAW. There was some confusion IRT the B-17 tour as conflicting information has been received from EAA personnel. Ron for action.
6. Ron mentioned there might be some vacancies in our subordinate officer positions (Safety, Social, HFF liaison, PR). We will discuss this more thoroughly in February.
7. Ron reminded the various Chairs/Officers of the need to identify back-ups for their positions.
8. There were no committee reports (B-17 discussion was memorialized above).
9. In response to the question whether the Bud Granley Roast event should be reestablished, Crash offered to head up the effort.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 12:25 PM.
For the Squadron
Fred C Smyth, Adjutant