The CO called the meeting to order at 1:35 PM.
Present: Clark, Desmon, Edwards, Jackson, K
Johnson, Mehrer, Morrell, Smyth, Youman
Absent: Engbrecht, J Johnson
• No CO opening comments
• No review of prior meeting’s minutes
• Fred reported on the dinner party troubles.
Turns out the Food & Beverage manager he interviewed in February had left
the Ramada and had not been replaced. Additionally, not a single employee
assigned to our event had any prior banquet experience. The Sales
Manager’s response was nothing beyond an apology. Fred is pursuing other
options, to include a possible return to the Medallion. Board members as
asked to give some thought to the situation and even contact a venue or
two for discussion in February.
• Fred presented the 2015 financials. After a
couple questions, the report was accepted into the record.
• The 2016 budget was approved. It calls for
expenses exceeding receipts by $3,000.
• Ron will work with new member Jay Towne on
Crash’s Minuteman idea.
• The squadron will look into getting involved
with Young Eagles. Kent Johnson will head the effort.
• Ron wants to get the board together at a
retreat. Fred will schedule the boardroom at the Medallion for 05 March.
If you have any suggestions for topics, forward to Ron.
• Ron suggested more communications outreach,
such as to WPA and EAA.
• We discussed all the possible summer flying
activities and noted some conflicts. Discussion will continue at the
retreat after more info is received.
• Paul reported that he had 19 marshallers in
must decide what to do about the chairmanship of the Veterans’ position.
• Ron is planning on hosting hangar parties at
his place after GA Day and after the Reno races.
• Dave will write the previously-approved letter
requested by McKibben IRT Pearson Airfield.
There being no further
business, the meeting was adjourned at 3:50 PM
For the Squadron
Fred C Smyth